You’re thinking about hiring a company to mow your lawn. You know that there are many lawn mowing services available. So how do you decide which one to use? Grass Monkeys has put together some questions which can serve as a guide and help you make that decision.
- What services do I want the company to do?
This is the first question you’ll ask yourself. From here you can refine your search a bit.
- Is the company licensed and insured?
The license is important because it registers the business with the local government.
- Does the company have insurance?
Be sure the company you hire has insurance. This will protect both you and the company in case there is property damage or an employee gets hurt.
- How is the equipment maintained?
When grass is mowed with dull blades it can make the grass look brown on top and ragged. The standard is to change or sharpen blades approximately every 10 hours of mowing.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
This is not a standard in this industry. Some companies will require a contract and others will not.
- Is this company going to show up when they say they will?
You want reliability. That’s foundational to the service. And, in the event of an unforeseen change, will they notify you?
- What is their customer service like?
Online reviews are a good source for determining how satisfied customers are. You can also ask for references.
- Can I get a hold of someone during normal business hours?
In addition to being available by phone, you may want to be able to contact your lawn care provider by email and texting.
- Can I get a free estimate?
When you get an estimate, also establish how and when payments should be made.
Grass Monkeys is committed to providing you with excellent lawn service and customer service. Give us a call at (850) 509-9477 for your free estimate.